Cabinet clears Rs.200 crore for water in BundelkhandMay 19th, 2011 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) The union cabinet Thursday approved additional central assistance of Rs.200 crore for drinking water in the Bundelkhand region in Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh, officials said.
“Centre has approved Rs. 200 crore for drinking water in Bundelkhand region,” Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told reporters here.
This is in addition to the earlier special package given to mitigate the drought situation in the region.
Soni said money would be used for people to cope with current summer condition in the region.
- Plan panel to tackle Bundelkhand drought - Sep 05, 2010
- Bundelkhand gets Rs.7,266 crore drought relief package (Lead) - Nov 19, 2009
- Cabinet approves drought package for Bundelkhand - Nov 19, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh not implementing Bundelkhand package: Minister - Jan 04, 2011
- Plan panel steps in to tackle Bundelkhand's drought miseries - Sep 05, 2010
- Locals to be involved in Rs.7,000 crore Bundelkhand package - Jul 08, 2012
- Rahul assures Bundelkhand people of central package - Dec 08, 2011
- Bundelkhand package: Plan panel concerned over tardy progress - Dec 12, 2011
- Rahul's Bundelkhand package hits the bumpy road - Dec 11, 2011
- Govt. recommends Rs. 7,266 crore for draught hit Bundelkhand region - Nov 19, 2009
- Rahul to tour Bundelkhand Jan 17-20 - Jan 13, 2012
- Congress, BSP playing games over Bundelkhand: BJP - Nov 09, 2011
- Fund for construction of rural toilets doubled - Jun 07, 2012
- Punjab seeks Rs.5,112 crore package for drought - Aug 10, 2012
- India increases ex-gratia, relief for Bhopal victims (Night Lead) - Jun 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,