CA to invest $30 mn in India Technology CentreOctober 14th, 2008 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 14 (IANS) Leading IT management firm CA will expand its India Technology Centre (ITC) here at an investment of $30 million, it announced Tuesday.Company officials told a news conference here that the new 180,000 square feet building on the CA campus will have the capacity to house an additional 1,000 employees. The new building is expected to be completed in late 2010.
“In the midst of the current uncertain economic situation, CA is making a significant investment of $30 million in its Indian Technology Centre in Hyderabad. This shows CA’s inherent strength and commitment to growth,” said Ajei S. Gopal, executive vice-president of CA’s enterprise IT management group.
“This will double’s CA’s investment in Hyderabad taking the total to $60 million,” he said.
The company has already invested $30 million in research and development (R&D) building at the ITC campus, spread over 30 acres in Gacchibowli.
It currently has 1,600 employees and plans to add 1,000 high-end engineers over the next three to five years. The expansion will take ITC’s footprint to 440,672 square feet.
“The ITC is one of CA’s largest locations and is essential to the company’s continued ability to deliver industry-leading solutions to our customers,” he said, adding 25 percent of CA’s R&D ability is located at ITC.
“Today’s announcement exemplifies CA’s commitment to expertise in leading-edge product delivery and in attracting high quality talent,” said Lokesh Jindal, senior vice-president and general manager of CA’s ITC.
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- Phoenix kicks off Rs.2,000 crore infrastructure projects - Jun 13, 2011
- Infosys to hire 2,000 people in US by end 2012 - Jul 24, 2012
- Royal Orchid opens Re:gen:ta One in Hyderabad - Aug 22, 2012
- US healthcare IT firm expanding India operations - Feb 17, 2012
- CA sets up Asia innovation centre in Hyderabad - Apr 24, 2012
- Smart City Kochi on course: Official - Jan 23, 2012
- Oracle to open in Technopark Kerala Thursday - Jun 14, 2011
- Facebook shifts to new headquarters in California - Dec 20, 2011
- Infotech's revenues up by 30 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- HCL to provide IT infrastructure to Freescale - Sep 19, 2012
- HCL Infosystems to set up research centre in Kerala - Dec 07, 2010
- BIAL to spend Rs.1,000 crore to revamp Bangalore airport - Aug 19, 2010
- Indo-Israeli JV launches Hyderabad housing project's second phase - Nov 10, 2011
- Tough year for realty, no respite seen in short-run (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 29, 2011