C-DAC ties up with Electronic Corporation of Tamil NaduSeptember 12th, 2008 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 12 (IANS) The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited (ELCOT) to undertake research in the areas including open source software and e-governance.The MoU was exchanged here Friday between M.R. Rajagopalan, director of C-DAC, Chennai and Santosh Babu, managing director, ELCOT in the presence of union Minister for Communications and Information Technology A. Raja.
The alliance is for deploying C-DAC developed Bharat Operating System Solutions (BOSS) Linux across the state in all government departments.
It is for their productivity application and e-governance applications, large-scale promotional activities in the areas of open source software, e-governance and setting up of BOSS Linux support centre within ELCOT campus.
- IGNOU to offer electronics, IT courses - Sep 22, 2011
- Haryana official suspended for wrong map - May 19, 2012
- Asia's largest conference on Open Source begins Chennai on Sunday - Sep 18, 2010
- Power-starved Punjab goes for 'green computing' - Feb 28, 2011
- Free laptops will have Tamil Nadu state logo burnt on chip - Jun 18, 2011
- Checking cyber crime a high priority, says C-DAC - Nov 24, 2010
- Northeast's fourth software technology park in Mizoram - May 06, 2012
- IGNOU to launch centre for disabled - Oct 16, 2011
- India, Saudi Arabia sign five agreements - Mar 01, 2010
- Indian IT major automating Ethiopian customs system - Dec 30, 2011
- E-governance centre launched in IIT Delhi - Dec 29, 2008
- Healthcare insurance portal snag rectified: Wipro - Jul 19, 2011
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012
- Myanmar, Voice of America ink pact - Jun 06, 2012
- Microsoft keen to set up centres in Tamil Nadu - Mar 07, 2012