Buta Singh’s son remanded to CBI custody till Aug 5July 31st, 2009 - 11:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 31 (IANS) A Mumbai court Friday sent Sarabjot Singh, son of former union minister Buta Singh, to police custody till Aug 5 in connection with a corruption case.
Sarabjot alias Sweety Singh was caught taking a bribe of Rs.1 crore from a Nashik-based contractor in return for withdrawing an atrocities case filed against him. He was picked up in New Delhi Thursday and brought to Mumbai where he was formally arrested early Friday.
Sarabjot Singh was placed under arrest by the anti-corruption wing of the Central Bureau of Investigation, which is investigating the case.
Along with Singh, three other associates - Anup Bedi, Madan Solanki and Dukhsingh Chauhan - who were presented before the court were also remanded to police custody till Aug 5 by Judge S.P.H. Nagarkar.
The CBI arrested four people in connection with the case - from Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune.
Buta Singh is chairman of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes.
- Buta Singh's son sent to judicial custody for a week - Aug 05, 2009
- Sarabjot's house searched, Buta Singh to be quizzed (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- Buta Singh will also be quizzed in son's corruption case - Aug 01, 2009
- Buta Singh's son, three others get bail in graft case (Lead) - Aug 06, 2009
- Pistols found in Sarabjot house, Buta says son innocent (Second Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- Buta Singh's son sent to police custody till Aug 5 (Lead) - Aug 01, 2009
- CBI searches Sarabjot Singh's home, finds three pistols - Aug 01, 2009
- CBI soon to charge sheet Buta Singh's son - Jan 05, 2010
- CBI files charges against Buta Singh's son - Jan 14, 2010
- Court to hear Sarabjot Singh's bail plea today - Aug 06, 2009
- CBI in a quandary over Sarabjot Singh - Aug 04, 2009
- CBI victimising my son, charges Buta Singh - Aug 02, 2009
- Buta Singh to approach court over son's corruption case - Aug 01, 2009
- CBI to question Buta Singh on bribery scam - Aug 01, 2009
- CBI carrying out political conspiracy against me: Buta Singh - Aug 03, 2009