Businessmen robbed of Rs.1.8 million in New DelhiAugust 25th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Two businessmen were allegedly robbed of Rs.1.8 million in New Delhi Monday, the police said.The incident occurred near Super Bazaar at Connaught Place. The police were informed of the incident at around 1 p.m. Monday.
“The businessmen were carrying Rs.1.8 million after they had exchanged foreign currency for Indian rupees at a nearby money exchange. Two persons stopped the duo and looted the money at gunpoint. They then fled from the spot on the victim’s bike itself,” police sources said.
Police have started investigations and a hunt has been launched to nab the accused.
- Property dealer looted - Feb 03, 2011
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- Two cheats arrested in Delhi - Mar 08, 2011
- Delhi sees six robberies in one night - Aug 13, 2010
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Rs.7 lakh looted from bank in Jharkhand - Jun 14, 2012
- Woman helps to rob bank in Pakistan - Nov 17, 2010
- Chandigarh trader robbed of Rs.2 mn (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010
- Rs.8.5 lakh looted from Jharkhand bank - Dec 21, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Elderly woman stabbed to death by robbers - Aug 14, 2012
- Rs.52 lakh looted from home of Ghaziabad businessman - Jun 18, 2010
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011