Businessman’s house robbed by five gunmenApril 7th, 2011 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 7 (IANS) Five armed men broke into a house in east Delhi and escaped with cash and jewellery worth lakhs of rupees after holding the family hostage for about two hours, police said Thursday.
“The incident was reported early morning today (Thursday) from house number 56 in Dilshad Garden owned by businessman Kewal Grover,” a police officer said.
Police said the robbers entered the house after breaking the front door.
Grover said, “The robbers hit and injured me and my daughter-in-law Sonia when we tried to resist the robbery.”
“They stayed in the house for around two hours. Before fleeing, they threatened us that our children will be kidnapped, if we file a police report,” he added.
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh robbed from Noida home - Apr 14, 2012
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- 13 of family held hostage as robbers ransack home (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Rs.45 lakh burglary in Delhi - Jun 10, 2010
- One of the four who shot, robbed man arrested - Jun 06, 2010
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Robbers kill soldier, relative - May 24, 2012