Businessman shot at in DelhiAugust 21st, 2008 - 10:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 21 (IANS) Unidentified assailants shot at a businessman in north Delhi, leaving him seriously injured, police said Thursday.”Last night (late Wednesday), the victim, Shekhar Singh was returning home when motorcycle-borne assailants fired at him at the junction of Ballimaran and Fatehpuri Mosque. A bullet hit his right shoulder, injuring him seriously,” a police officer said.
The incident occurred around 11.15 p.m. when 32-year-old Singh was returning home along with his younger brother and a friend in a car. The assailants had been tailing the victim’s car before firing at him.
The police were confident of zeroing in on the assailants as the newly installed CCTV camera installed at the junction would have recorded their images.
“Singh was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital and then referred to Sant Parmanand Hospital at Civil Lines where his condition was stated to be out of danger,” the official said.
Shekhar runs an electronics goods shop at Lajpat Rai market. He is also a moneylender.
The police suspect business rivalry could be behind the incident.
- Four murders in Delhi over a few hours - Sep 18, 2009
- Four murders in Delhi in 12 hours (Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Three murdered in Delhi in 13 hours (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Two government officials shot dead in Bihar - Mar 02, 2012
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Delhi-based transporter shot dead - Apr 25, 2012
- School principal killed in Pakistan - May 27, 2012
- Congress leader shot at in Uttar Pradesh, injured critically - Nov 11, 2010
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Doctor robbed of car, cash in Greater Noida - Jan 06, 2012
- Dozen injured in Ibiza stabbing rampage - Feb 23, 2011
- Man shot dead resisting robbery - Feb 01, 2011
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Man shot dead inside train - Oct 25, 2010
- Delhi legislator shot, critical (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012