Bush makes surprise visit to IraqDecember 14th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Dec 14 (Xinhua) US President George W. Bush made a surprise visit to Baghdad Sunday, a media report said.Bush met his Iraqi counterpart Jalal Talabani in the afternoon, an Iraqi official television reported.
He will also meet other Iraqi leaders and the US troops stationed in Iraq, the report said.
His visit came a day after Defence Secretary Robert Gates visited a US military base near the Iraqi town of Balad, some 70 km north of Baghdad.
- Biden pays surprise visit to Iraq - Nov 30, 2011
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden arrives in Baghdad on surprise visit - Jul 03, 2010
- US Vice President Biden in surprise visit to Iraq - Jan 23, 2010
- 'Only 17,000 US soldiers left in Iraq' - Nov 25, 2011
- US defence chief arrives in Iraq - Sep 01, 2010
- U.S. Vice President Biden on surprise visit to Baghdad - Jan 23, 2010
- Iraq takes airspace responsibility for first time since 2003 - Oct 13, 2011
- President Obama makes surprise Iraq visit (Lead) - Apr 07, 2009
- Iraqis stage demonstration after Gates 'US military to stay for years' remark - Apr 10, 2011
- Gates to examine role of US troops in Iraq - Jul 28, 2009
- Gates says Goodbye to Pentagon - Jul 01, 2011
- Bush arrives in Afghanistan after eventful Iraqi visit - Dec 15, 2008
- US Senate confirms Petraeus to lead CIA - Jul 01, 2011
- One killed in Iraq protest - Feb 17, 2011
- American teacher killed in Iraq school - Mar 01, 2012