Bush hails Congressional approval of n-dealOctober 2nd, 2008 - 11:49 am ICT by IANS
Washington, Oct 2 (IANS) President George Bush has hailed the Senate approval of the India-US civil nuclear deal saying it will strengthen “global nuclear non-proliferation efforts, protect the environment, create jobs, and assist India in meeting its growing energy needs in a responsible manner.”"I look forward to signing this bill into law and continuing to strengthen the US-India Strategic Partnership,” he said in a statement issued shortly after the Senate Wednesday approved the legislation passed four days ago by the House of Representatives.
“I congratulate the Senate on passing the United States-India Nuclear Cooperation Approval and Nonproliferation Enhancement Act, H.R. 7081,” Bush said.
“In particular, I commend the members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for their leadership in crafting this important bipartisan legislation. I also thank Majority Leader (Harry) Reid and Minority Leader (Mitch) McConnell for bringing this bill to a vote prior to the Senate’s adjournment.
“This legislation will strengthen our global nuclear nonproliferation efforts, protect the environment, create jobs, and assist India in meeting its growing energy needs in a responsible manner.
“I look forward to signing this bill into law and continuing to strengthen the U.S.-India Strategic Partnership,” he said.
- Bush hails passage of Indo-US nuclear deal by Senate - Oct 02, 2008
- Bush signs historic n-deal law, assures fuel supply (Third Lead) - Oct 09, 2008
- Stalled US-India ties require 'bold leap forward': Experts - Oct 21, 2010
- Obama names Clinton as certification authority of Indo-U.S. civilian nuclear deal - Mar 11, 2010
- PM and Gillard meet, discuss sale of uranium (Lead) - Nov 19, 2011
- Australia relents on lifting uranium ban, India hails move (Second Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
- Bush hails House, asks Senate to quickly approve n-deal - Sep 28, 2008
- Best guarantee for nuclear safety is world free of n-weapons: Manmohan - Mar 27, 2012
- Democrats to continue long-term strategic partnership with India - Sep 05, 2012
- Highlights of Nov 8 India-US Joint Statement - Nov 09, 2010
- Building strong economic plank key to taking US-India strategic ties forward: Official - Jan 28, 2011
- Australia commits NSG support for India - May 03, 2012
- US firmly supports clean waiver to India: Roemer - Jun 30, 2011
- Increasing divergences bog down Indo-US strategic partnership (Comment) - Nov 06, 2010
- Senate Republicans propose to keep Bush era tax cuts - Sep 14, 2010