Bush daughter’s wedding is low key affairMay 11th, 2008 - 8:27 am ICT by admin
Washington, May 11 (DPA) The secrecy wrap around US President George W. Bush’s daughter Jenna’s wedding was so tight that even the restaurant owner for Friday’s rehearsal dinner wasn’t told until a day before, media reports said Saturday. Jenna Bush, 26, and Henry Hager, 30, were to tie the knot at the president’s Crawford, Texas, ranch Saturday evening at 23:30 GMT.
The press was strictly kept at arm’s length - but the White House was expected to release one photograph on Sunday, Laura Bush’s press secretary Sally McDonough told reporters in Texas, the Dallas News reported online.
As American wedding tradition dictates, Hager’s parents paid for the Friday night affair - the so-called rehearsal dinner that usually would have included only the bride, her maid of honour and her 14 attendants, the groom and his attendants, and the couple’s close family members.
But Hager’s family planned for 120 guests - all arranged under an alias name months in advance, the owners of the Range Restaurant, Dave and Katie Hermann, told the Dallas News.
“Mr Hermann says he and his wife did not find out until 10:30 p.m. Thursday that this rehearsal dinner” was for Jenna Bush and her husband-to-be, the Dallas News reported.
The restaurant was about an hour’s drive from Crawford, in a historic home built in 1866 in the town of Salado.
Dinner was steakhouse salad, pork tenderloin and lemon-crusted rainbow trout. The dessert was a real country dish - roasted corn pudding.
The bridegroom, the son of a well-entrenched Virginia Republican family, also celebrated his 30th birthday at the restaurant.
- Jenna Bush Hager joins 4th Estate - Aug 31, 2009
- Jenna Bush's lush, private wedding lifts dad's spirits(Lead)By Pat Reber - May 11, 2008
- Bush purchases Dallas home for post-White House life - Dec 05, 2008
- Candice Crawford Gets Engaged To Tony Romo - Dec 18, 2010
- Barbara Bush 'not getting married anytime soon' - Apr 15, 2009
- Jenna, Barbara Bush were Secret Service's nightmare, claims new book - Jul 20, 2009
- Brazilian restaurant to open branches in Mexico, Colombia - Jul 31, 2012
- Chelsea Clinton's wedding price tag could reach $2m - Jul 23, 2010
- Jenna Bush To Appeal For Conserving Acadia National Park - Jul 01, 2010
- Footballer Tony Romo And Former American Beauty Queen Candice Crawford Got Engaged - Dec 18, 2010
- Chelsea Clinton's wedding price tag is around $2 million - Jul 23, 2010
- Restaurant where Chelsea Clinton will have wedding rehearsal dinner in soup - Jul 22, 2010
- Candice Crawford Engaged To Her Dream Cowboy? - Dec 17, 2010
- Chelsea Clinton to dress in a Oscar de la Renta gown on her wedding day - Jul 16, 2010
- Chelsea Clinton's Wedding Price Tag: $2 Million - Jul 23, 2010