Bus with 30 people falls into Himachal gorgeSeptember 10th, 2012 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Sep 10 (IANS) A state roadways bus carrying more than 30 passengers skidded off the road and fell into a 500-foot deep gorge Monday evening in Himachal Pradesh’s Kangra district, an official said.
The bus was ferrying passengers from Palampur to Asha Puri, a village known for a hilltop shrine, some 30 km from Palampur.
Deputy Commissioner K.R. Bharti told IANS that since the accident spot is treacherous and thickly forested, the army has been called in from Palampur.
“Continuous rain and darkness are hampering the rescue operation,” he added.
An injured woman was rescued.
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- 34 killed in Himachal bus accident (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal accident - Jul 15, 2012
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus falls into rivulet in Himachal, two killed - Jul 27, 2010
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Bus rolls down Himachal gorge, 24 killed (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Devotees throng Himachal temples with onset of Shravan - Jul 20, 2012
- Himachal accident toll rises to 15 (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012