Bus mows down woman in east DelhiNovember 23rd, 2011 - 11:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 23 (IANS) A Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus ran over a 21-year-old woman moments after she was hit by a speeding motorcycle while crossing a road in east Delhi Wednesday, police said.
Priya Jain, an employee of an electronics store, was killed around 11.30 a.m. while crossing Vikas Marg near Preet Vihar.
Jain lost her balance after the motorcycle hit her and while she was trying to recover from the impact, the bus crushed her. She had put on earphones and had no clue about the approaching bus, police said.
“We saw the bus stop in the middle of the road suddenly and crowds shouting for help. We rushed there and found her in a pool of blood,” said a policeman on a police control room van stationed near the accident spot.
She received multiple injuries and died on way to hospital.
Govind Lal, the driver of the bus, tried to flee from the spot but was caught by people. “He told us that Jain came in front of the bus suddenly and he had little time to apply the brakes,” said a police official.
Police have registered cases of rash driving and causing death by negligence against the bus driver.
Jain lived with her parents at Radhey Puri near Krishna Nagar in east Delhi.
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Bus mows down guard - Dec 29, 2011
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- Bus mows down woman - Dec 21, 2011
- DTC bus crushes soldier in Delhi - May 07, 2012
- Driver rams bus into park to avoid collision - Mar 07, 2012
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- One dead in DTC bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2011
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Delhiites grapple with traffic jams, crowded buses - Sep 27, 2010
- Mother-daughter killed in Delhi accident - Jun 17, 2011
Tags: bus driver, bus stop, dtc, earphones, east delhi, electronics store, govind, krishna nagar, lal, little time, marg, mows, old woman, police official, policeman, pool of blood, preet vihar, puri, speeding motorcycle, transport corporation