Bus crushes traffic cop, cyclist to death, injures anotherJanuary 24th, 2011 - 6:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 24 (IANS) A traffic policeman and a cyclist were crushed to death in the capital Monday when a speeding school bus first hit the cyclist and then the cop. The bus also hit a passing car, critically injuring its driver, an official said.The accident took place at the Burari bypass in north Delhi at around 11.00 a.m.
Only the driver and a conductor were in the school bus.
“The driver of New Jeewan Adarsh Public School bus first hit cyclist Rahul (20) and then crushed traffic policeman Vakiluddin (33), who was sitting on a motorbike. The bus then hit the car, injuring its driver Pawan, the police official said.
The bus driver absconded from the spot.
Rahul, Vakiluddin and Pawan were rushed to Sushruta Trauma Centre near the ISBT bus terminus at Kashmere Gate, where doctors declared Rahul and Vakiluddin brought dead. “The condition of Pawan is critical,” the official added.
He said that according to eyewitness reports, the bus was speeding.
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Sports car driver killed in crash (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- 1 dead in sports car crash in Delhi (lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Services resume at Kashmere Gate bus terminus - Sep 25, 2010
- Kashmere Gate bus terminus to be revamped - Dec 21, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Student's death: Bus driver, conductor arrested - Jun 28, 2011
- Two kids killed by speeding car, driver dies - Feb 17, 2012
- Four killed in road accidents - Sep 04, 2011
- 1 dead, in sports car crash in Delhi - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: absconded, bus driver, bus terminus, conductor, doctors, eyewitness reports, jan 24, motorbike, New Delhi, north delhi, passing car, police official, school bus, traffic cop, traffic policeman, trauma centre