Bus crash in Croatia kills 14September 7th, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
Zagreb/Bratislava, Sep 7 (DPA) A Slovak tour bus crashed Sunday on a highway in Croatia, killing 14 people and leaving two in a critical condition, a Slovak official said.The bus with 49 passengers swerved off the Zagreb-Split highway near the mountain town of Gospic and slammed straight-on into an overpass concrete pillar shortly before 6 a.m., spokesman for the Slovak Interior Ministry Erik Tomas said.
The passengers, mostly elder vacationers, were on the way from the eastern Slovak city of Kosice to Vodice, a resort town on the central Adriatic coast, he said.
Rescue and medical teams, including airborne paramedic crews, rushed to the scene, roughly halfway between the capital Zagreb and Split, the country’s major Adriatic port.
Nineteen people, including two in a critical condition, were treated in hospitals in Gospic and Zagreb, Slovak officials said.
The cause of the accident was not immediately known.
- 47 Croatian school kids injured in accident - Jun 04, 2010
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Ohio Car Crash Captured By Trooper Dashboard Camera - Aug 25, 2010
- Six killed in US bus crash - Jul 22, 2010
- Mumbai woman killed in US bus accudent - Aug 04, 2012
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011
- Six killed as bus collides with truck - Jan 19, 2012
- 40 killed in Peru bus accident - Dec 25, 2009
- Three killed as bus ploughs into shelter - Nov 01, 2010
- Dozen Tamil Nadu pilgrims hurt - May 10, 2012
- Three killed, 15 injured in bus mishap near Gurgaon - Jul 10, 2012
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- Ambulance rams into bus, four killed - Feb 02, 2012
- Russia lifts threat of oil cutoff - Dec 29, 2009