Burglars decamp with jewellery worth Rs.1.5 mnDecember 20th, 2008 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Dec 20 (IANS) Burglars decamped with jewellery worth Rs.1.5 million from a house in this town adjacent to the national capital, the house owner and the police said Saturday.Devika Garg, a resident in the Stellar Greens Society in Noida’s Sector-44, said she was robbed of the jewellery Friday night.
“I had gone to my father’s house at 5.30 p.m. Friday. When I returned about 10.45 a.m. Saturday, I found the burglars had entered the house after breaking open locks,” Garg said.
She said the robbers also consumed some food from the refrigerator.
The police have registered a case and fingerprints have been taken to trace the robbers.
“We have got some clues into the case and have detained some people for questioning,” city police officer A.K. Tripathy said.
- Flat of ex-poll official's son burgled - Jan 15, 2012
- Noida is rattled by a string of thefts - Feb 21, 2009
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Cash, jewellery robbed from Noida house at gunpoint - Jun 03, 2010
- 20 of family kept hostage as robbers ransack home - Jul 16, 2010
- Rs.15 lakh robbed from Noida home - Apr 14, 2012
- Delhi house robbed while family was away - Feb 03, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Jewellery shop burgled in Tamil Nadu town - Feb 22, 2012
- 13 of family held hostage as robbers ransack home (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi house - Jan 26, 2011
- Executive, accountant found murdered - Aug 21, 2011
- Principal shot at in Noida - Jul 29, 2012
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- Company razes ancient temple in Noida - Jan 29, 2012