Burglar gang busted in KeralaMay 7th, 2008 - 11:45 pm ICT by admin
Kannur (Kerala), May 7 (IANS) Two members of a gang which was involved in 23 cases of burglary in two districts of Kerala were arrested Wednesday by a police special squad at Irrity, about 50 km from here. The gang has burgled around Rs.2.5 million worth of articles, mostly from houses, in the last three years, according to the police.
The gang operated from a rented house in Vengara in Malappuram district. It carried out 20 of their operations in Malappuram district and three in Kannur district.
Gang members K.P. Jayachandran, 30, and K. Shabeer, 24, were arrested when they were trying to sell a stolen laptop.
The burglars mostly targeted the houses of those working in the Gulf countries and were also involved in vehicle thefts. Two other members of the gang are absconding, the police said.
- 'Burgle-n-burn' gang strikes in Delhi again - Apr 20, 2011
- Kerala assembly stalled, opposition demands IUML member's arrest - Jun 12, 2012
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Five nabbed for Delhi burglaries - Apr 07, 2010
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted in Delhi - Jun 13, 2010
- Two held for robberies in Delhi - May 24, 2010
- Five held for burglary in Delhi - Nov 16, 2009
- Haryana police busts gang of highway robbers - May 05, 2012
- Car thieves held in Srinagar - Dec 01, 2011
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Police unearth burglars' gang involving Rajasthan tribesmen - Aug 03, 2009
- Boy behind Delhi's 'burgle and burn' gang held - Feb 19, 2011
- I'm not sorry, you're dumb: Thief to victims - Nov 24, 2011
- Burglar drops his name and contact details - Sep 09, 2010
- Jewellery stolen from Hindu temples recovered in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2011