Building collapses in Andhra, 15 feared trappedSeptember 16th, 2011 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 16 (IANS) At least 15 people are feared trapped under the debris of a five-storeyed building which collapsed Friday in Kakinada, about 500 km from here on the Andhra cooast, police said.
The ground floor of the building has caved in and other floors have developed cracks but the entire building has not collapsed, a police officer told reporters.
Local people and workers rescued four children and a woman. Nine children are reported to be among those still trapped under the rubble.
The families living on other floors escaped to safety while the children attending a dance class in the cellar are feared trapped.
The accident took place at Lakshminarayana Nagar, a residential area.
Chief Minister N. Kiran Kumar Reddy has directed the district collector and the commissioner of disaster management to seek help from Navy personnel in Visakhapatnam to rescue those trapped under the debris.
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- Two killed in building collapse (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- 14 killed, many injured in Dhaka building collapse - Jun 02, 2010
- Five-storey building caves-in in central Mumbai - Aug 25, 2009
- Four killed in Delhi building collapse - Dec 03, 2011
- Delhi death toll rises to 65, rescue efforts on (Second lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Delhi building collapse: 20 still buried under debris - Nov 17, 2010
- Rescuers work with hope among mangled human remains - Nov 16, 2010
- Jalandhar factory collapse: one dead, several trapped (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Karachi building collapse toll rises to 16 - Aug 06, 2011
- Woman, son die in Lucknow building collapse - Jul 24, 2012
- Nashik blast kills three, police rule out bomb - Jun 08, 2011
- 16 trapped under collapsed building in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2012