Buffaloes to walk the ramp in HaryanaFebruary 21st, 2012 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Feb 21 (IANS) Touted as the first of its kind in the world, a pageant will be held in Haryana’s Jind town Wednesday where a popular breed of buffaloes will walk a special ramp.
The show, ‘Murrah on Ramp’, is being organised by Haryana Animal Husbandry and Dairying department at Arjun Stadium in Jind, 180 km from here.
The Murrah breed of buffaloes is popular in Haryana’s rural areas for their high milk yield.
A department spokesman said that Murrah buffaloes which had won prizes in the exhibitions at the national and international level would take part in the event.
“The main aim of the programme is to exhibit Haryana’s pride, Murrah buffaloes,” he said.
- Stadium comes alive with buffaloes on the ramp! - Feb 22, 2012
- Murrah milk drives Haryana's white revolution - Aug 22, 2012
- Haryana buffalo sets record - Dec 01, 2009
- Haryana to set up 200 hi-tech mini-dairies - Jul 02, 2012
- Haryana farmers can now own 'imported' calves - Nov 16, 2010
- Haryana to import cattle semen - Dec 09, 2009
- Punjab imports cattle semen to improve milch breeds - Apr 27, 2012
- Haryana university to help Chinese improve buffalo breeds - Oct 24, 2009
- UP plans to set up milk plant in Lucknow - Aug 08, 2012
- Haryana insures 125,000 cattle head of farmers, dairy owners - Dec 19, 2008
- India dairy seeks more state investment to stay on top - Feb 16, 2010
- Goat breeding: the new currency in the desert - Mar 03, 2011
- Verghese Kurien: the architect of India's White Revolution (Obituary) - Sep 09, 2012
- US cattle genetics firm to help Punjab dairying - Sep 03, 2010
- Animal welfare panel concerned over mega dairy project - Aug 12, 2011