Buddhist monk admits possessing child pornography in Hong KongSeptember 2nd, 2008 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, Sep 2 (DPA) A Buddhist monk Tuesday pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography after police raided his monastic quarters following a tip from Interpol.Chow Yee-cheong, 41, had 17 child porn videos and 85 indecent photographs of children on a computer and on discs in his room, Hong Kong’s District Court was told.
At Tuesday’s hearing, Chow, who was arrested in May, admitted one count of possessing child pornography and was warned by the judge that he might face jail for the offence.
Sentencing was adjourned until Sep 16 to allow for psychiatric and background reports on Chow, whose arrest came after Interpol found he was linked to a child porn website.
Hong Kong, a city of 6.7 million, has more than 600 Buddhist and Taoist temples.
- Over 100,000 cigarettes seized in Hong Kong - Aug 15, 2012
- Oz woman blames sex with 9-yr-old son on medication - Oct 07, 2010
- I collected child porn for thesis: Man tells court - Jun 26, 2011
- Hong Kong teacher jailed for photographing semi-nude schoolgirls - Jan 19, 2010
- Briton clicks himself raping child, jailed - Aug 12, 2012
- British police ex-staff faces jail for child porn - Jan 28, 2012
- Australian found guilty of sex crimes on underage girls - Sep 03, 2010
- Australian politician faces child porn charges - Apr 21, 2011
- British school headmaster jailed for sex abuse - Sep 07, 2010
- Australian Labour MP charged with child pornography offences - Apr 21, 2011
- Hong Kong teacher accused of sex with 13-year-old pupil - Nov 20, 2009
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- US woman jailed for abusing daughter, 2, on web-cam as teen watched in UK - Mar 16, 2011
- Japanese government blocks child pornography ban - May 15, 2010
- Brit woman 'sexually assaulted 5-mth-old baby while paedo beau took pics' - Oct 07, 2010