Buddhadeb’s criticism of shutdowns ‘wrong’: AchuthanandanAugust 27th, 2008 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 27 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan does not agree with his West Bengal couterpart and fellow Communist Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee’s criticism of shutdowns.”Bhattacharjee would not have said so. If he did, he is wrong,” Achuthanandan said here Wednesday.
He was responding to reporters’ query seeking his reaction to the fellow Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) leader’s comments.
“Bandhs (shutdowns) do not help the country,” Bhattacharjee told a business gathering in Kolkata, saying he found siege and shutdowns “immoral”.
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan to contest again from Mallampuzha - Mar 18, 2011
- CPI-M names Achuthanandan, Surayakant Mishra as opposition leaders - May 16, 2011
- Achuthanandan all set to defy party, go to Kudankulam - Sep 10, 2012
- CPI-M begins introspection on poll debacle (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Achuthanandan stopped on way to Kudankulam - Sep 18, 2012
- Achuthanandan not to contest Kerala polls - Mar 16, 2011
- Achuthanandan to defy party, government;go to Kudankulam - Sep 17, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- Achuthanandan will remain opposition leader: CPI-M - Feb 10, 2012
- CPI-M pulls up leader for murder claims - May 27, 2012
- Vijayan will meet Dange's fate: Achuthanandan - May 12, 2012
- Buddhadeb files papers from Jadavpore - Apr 05, 2011