Buddhadeb lashes out at Mamata for campus violenceJanuary 13th, 2012 - 1:46 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Jan 13 (IANS) Lashing out at West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for taking a soft approach towards the ongoing incidents of assault on principals by students, CPI-M politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee Thursday said such incidents were bound to increase.
“Every day there are incidents of college principals being beaten up by students. And the most shocking thing is the response from the Writers’ Building (state secretariat). If there is such kind of response, then these kinds of incidents will keep on happening,” Bhattacharjee said at a party programme.
In the last one month, there have been numerous incidents of students allegedly affiliated to either Trinamool Congress or the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) assaulting principals and teachers of various educational institutions across the state.
Banerjee has been criticised by both the opposition and alliance partners for taking a soft approach in dealing with these incidents.
- Mahasweta Devi condemns assaults on principals - Jan 12, 2012
- College principals are political recruits: Mamata - Jan 17, 2012
- Pranab cautions Mamata government on teacher assaults - Jan 22, 2012
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- Poverty increased in Manmohan's term: Buddhadeb - Sep 11, 2011
- Mamata government intolerant, tries to evade responsibility: Left - Aug 23, 2012
- Can poll panel monitor West Bengal college elections? - Mar 14, 2012
- Take strong action against rowdy students: Bengal governor - Jan 11, 2012
- Principal faints after students shout at him - Jan 12, 2012
- CPI-M says it is not a one-man party - Apr 13, 2011
- Buddhadeb slams Mamata for inviting Obama - Sep 01, 2012
- Buddhadeb hits out at Mamata's remarks - Aug 16, 2012
- Buddhadeb silent on Singur verdict, flays Mamata - Sep 29, 2011
- Buddhadeb attacks Mamata for unreal job promises - Sep 15, 2011
- Will be a responsible opposition: CPI-M - May 13, 2011