BSP to hold Muslim meet in Lucknow MondayOctober 12th, 2008 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 12 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh’s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will organise an all India Muslim meet here Monday, a minister said.Besides various political leaders, religious heads of both the Shias and the Sunnis have been invited by the state government to attend the conference.
“Only the BSP thinks and works for the well being of the Muslims. We are also committed for all round wellfare of all the residents the state,” Minister for Public Works Naseemuddin Siddiqui, who has been given the responsibility for holding the meet, said Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, who will be chief guest at the meet, is also expected to announce some pro-Muslims initiatives at the conclave.
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- Taj Corridor case (To go with: Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated) - Jul 06, 2012
- BSP stages protest rallies against petrol price hike - May 31, 2011
- UP government races to restore Mayawati statue - Jul 27, 2012
- BSP to demonstrate against petrol price hike Tuesday - May 31, 2011
- Samjawadi Party frustrated, says Shahid Siddiqui - Jul 30, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- BSP to get rid of criminals in party - Apr 18, 2010
- Mayawati statue vandalised in Lucknow, BSP stages protests (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Mayawati seeks fifth term as birthday gift (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
- Mayawati's statue vandalised, BSP warns of consequences - Jul 26, 2012
- Mayawati seeks reservation for Muslims - Sep 18, 2011
- Mayawati files nomination for Rajya Sabha - Mar 13, 2012