BSP to finalise Delhi poll candidates list early NovemberOctober 26th, 2008 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party has “made some changes” in its list of candidates for the Delhi assembly elections and the “final list” will be released in the first week of November, a party official said Sunday.“The party has made some changes in the list of candidates and our final list will be released in the first week of November,” said state party unit chief Brahm Singh Bidhuri.
Delhi will go to polls Nov 29 to elect 70 legislators.
Inflation, statehood for Delhi, regularisation of unauthorised colonies besides poor condition of roads and electricity shortage will be the issues that will form part of the BSP’s election campaign.
“Complete statehood, regularising unauthorised colonies besides unemployment and poor living conditions in slums will be the main issues on which our party will focus in our campaign,” said Bidhuri.
However, the party officials are silent on whether the demand for a judicial probe into the Jamia Nagar shootout in which two suspected terrorists were gunned down Sep 19 will form a part of the election campaign.
“Although the party MPs have raised the issue in parliament, whether the demand for judicial probe will form a part of election campaign in Delhi or not will be decided by our party priesident,” Bidhuri told IANS.
With 16.9 percent Dalit population, 15 councillors in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and 5.7 percent vote share in 2003, the BSP is confident of recreating the success of its social engineering effort in Uttar Pradesh.
“Behenji (Mayawati) is thinking about sarvajan (everybody). BSP will erase other parties from the political scene. People have come to know about the real colours of the Congress and the Bharatiya Janta Party who have not done anything for the people, except pay lip service,” said Bidhuri.
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012
- Court notice on Delhi's illegal colonies - Aug 22, 2012
- Private bill on unauthorised colonies rejected - Aug 20, 2010
- Dikshit lauds steps to regularise illegal colonies - Jun 09, 2012
- 'Claims of regularising unauthorised colonies a gimmick' - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi gets centre's nod to regularise 917 colonies - Aug 28, 2012
- Delhi government hits out at MCD over unauthorised colonies - Nov 29, 2010
- Mayawati our leader and will always be so, say Dalits - Feb 09, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- Delhi High Court dismisses plea against regularising illegal colonies - Sep 12, 2012
- Punjab to regularise all unauthorised colonies - Dec 11, 2011
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- Sonia blames party weakness for debacle (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Regularisation of Delhi's unauthorised colonies soon - Aug 05, 2010