BSP to demonstrate against petrol price hike TuesdayMay 31st, 2011 - 12:48 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 30 (IANS) Leaders and workers in Uttar Pradesh’s ruling Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) would hold day-long protests Tuesday against the petrol price hike announced earlier this month by the central government, a party leader said.
Party workers would stage sit-ins at all the 72 district headquarters, according to a plan announced by Chief Minister Mayawati.
Tuesday’s protests shall come at a time when the government, through its order issued last month, imposed curbs on demonstrations and made seeking permission for protests cumbersome.
Protests by opposition parties including the Congress, the Samajwadi Party and the Bharatiya Janata Party were dealt with an iron hand by the Mayawati administration after the order.
In the state capital here Monday, every inch of the roadside was virtually taken over by the ruling party’s banners announcing the purpose behind the protest.
According to the party leader, Mayawati has deputed her most trusted colleague Naseemuddin Siddiqui to lead the demonstration in the capital.
- BSP stages protest rallies against petrol price hike - May 31, 2011
- BSP protests renaming of Lucknow's Kanshi Ram park - Aug 07, 2012
- UP government races to restore Mayawati statue - Jul 27, 2012
- BSP to get rid of criminals in party - Apr 18, 2010
- BJP wants rape victims, kin to join sit-in - Jul 19, 2011
- Mayawati statue vandalised in Lucknow, BSP stages protests (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- UP officials not taking Akhilesh seriously: BSP - Jul 30, 2012
- Upgrade Mayawati's security, BSP tells Akhilesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Make Mayawati PM to bring down prices, says BSP - Jul 06, 2010
- Mayawati's statue vandalised, BSP warns of consequences - Jul 26, 2012
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- Samajwadi workers clash with police, leaders detained (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Opposition flays Mayawati for 'breakdown of law and order' - Jun 20, 2011
- Taj Corridor case (To go with: Court scraps probe against Mayawati, BSP chief elated) - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, central government, chief minister, colleague, curbs, demonstration, demonstrations, district headquarters, ins, iron hand, lucknow, Mayawati, opposition parties, party leader, price hike, protests, ruling party, Samajwadi Party, siddiqui, uttar pradesh