BSP to contest all Lok Sabha seats from GujaratMarch 3rd, 2009 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 3 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has decided to field candidates from all the 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat, it said Tuesday.
“Gujarat is an important state for the BSP high command. As a result, the party would be fielding candidates from all the 26 seats in the state,” party spokesperson in Gujarat R.P. Singh said in a statement. The general elections will be held in April-May.
The BSP had fielded candidates in all the 182 assembly seats in Gujarat in 2007 without clinching a single victory in any of the constituencies held by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress, who are still the two main political rivals in the state.
Party sources here said BSP chief Mayawati, who is also Uttar Pradesh chief minister, wants to win at least some Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat at a time when both the BJP and the Congress are trying hard to bring the backward class voters into their party fold.
- BSP to contest all Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat (Lead) - Mar 03, 2009
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Dalit land remains loyal to Mayawati - Mar 06, 2012
- UP set for hung house, SP leads, BSP routed (Second Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Akali Dal releases second list of candidates - Dec 27, 2011
- Mayawati files nomination for Rajya Sabha - Mar 13, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Mayawati replaces UP state unit president - Jul 11, 2012
- Congress announces 114 names for Punjab poll - Jan 06, 2012
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house forecast (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- BSP has cheated Dalits: BJP - Feb 19, 2012