BSP to contest all 11 Lok Sabha seats in ChhattisgarhFebruary 8th, 2009 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Feb 8 (IANS) The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) will put up candidates for all 11 Lok Sabha seats in Chhattisgarh in the upcoming general elections, the party’s state chief said here Sunday.
“The party will contest all 11 Lok Sabha seats on its own,” Dauram Ratnakar, BSP’s Chhattisgarh president told IANS.
“The names of the candidates will be announced by February-end,” he said.
The BSP had won just two seats out of 90 in the assembly elections held in November 2008. But it had polled 6.11 percent votes with a strong showing in at least 18 segments.
- BSP appoints a new, younger chief for Chhattisgarh - Mar 29, 2010
- BSP not to contest Chhattisgarh assembly bypoll - Oct 17, 2009
- BSP to contest all 11 Chhattisgarh seats on its own - Mar 05, 2009
- BSP spices up poll battle in Chhattisgarh - Mar 21, 2009
- Brisk voting in UP by-election at Mant - Jun 12, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Akali Dal releases second list of candidates - Dec 27, 2011
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Mayawati replaces UP state unit president - Jul 11, 2012
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Penultimate round of UP polls on Tuesday - Feb 27, 2012
- Bastar votes in by-poll amid Maoist firing (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- 65-70 percent turnout in Chhattisgarh by-poll (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- BSP faces revolt in poll-bound Chhattisgarh - Oct 15, 2008