BSP MP faces fraud charge in Uttar PradeshJanuary 7th, 2009 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Jan 7 (IANS) A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) MP is among seven people named for fraudulently selling a plot of land in Uttar Pradesh, the police said Wednesday.”Fraud charges against the parliamentarian from Sultanpur district Mohammed Tahir Khan and six others have been filed for illegally selling a land in a village in Sultanpur (some 150-km from here),” police inspector Ramesh Chandra Dubey told IANS on telephone.
An inquiry was initiated Wednesday into the case registered Tuesday, he added.
According to the police, complainant Ibrar Ahmad, a resident of Beechu village in Sultanpur, alleged that Khan in connivance with six others sold his land by using forged documents.
The police were yet to make any arrest in connection with the case.
- Uttar Pradesh BSP MP faces fraud charge (Lead) - Jan 07, 2009
- BSP parliamentarian assaults family in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 16, 2009
- Charges framed against former cooperative societies registrar - Jul 26, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh lawmaker gets police clean chit in murder - Nov 09, 2010
- Two policemen suspended for inaction - Nov 02, 2010
- BSP legislator named in Congress activist's murder - May 05, 2010
- Minor girl blinded with knife in UP - Jun 19, 2011
- Brisk polling on in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Murdered official's widow wins village poll in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 28, 2010
- BSP legislator, brother booked on murder charge - Oct 26, 2010
- Mayawati sacks minister for forgery, irregularities (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Akhilesh firefights as ministers, officials embarrass government (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- CBI probe into Congressman's murder sought - Jun 08, 2010
- BSP legislator threatens traders; probe ordered - May 15, 2010
- Ex-registrar convicted in housing scam - Aug 29, 2012