BSP leader, six others arrestedMay 29th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by admin
Varanasi, May 29 (IANS) A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader was arrested with six supporters Thursday in Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi district for opening fire killing a Dalit youth. Superintendent of Police D.K. Chaudhary said BSP national secretary Ram Raksha Pal and his supporters Wednesday opened fire in Chuppepur village over a land dispute.
The victim, an auto-rickshaw driver, died on the spot while three people were seriously injured, Chaudhary told IANS.
Pal and his supporters had an altercation with some people over ownership of the land, police said. Agitated over the killing, the villagers torched a car and motorcycles parked in front of Pal’s residence.
- Two arrested for killing BSP member - Apr 22, 2010
- BSP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 21, 2010
- Withdraw cases against Bhatta farmers: Rajnath to Akhilesh - May 08, 2012
- Ghaziabad councillor found murdered - Jul 22, 2011
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- Hundreds detained as Congress takes on Mayawati government (Second Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav arrested in Lucknow - Mar 09, 2011
- Shutdown cripples normal life in UP - Sep 20, 2012
- Congress to hold rally in Mayawati's village - May 14, 2011
- Thousands of activists detained during protests: Samajwadi Party - Mar 07, 2011
- Petrol price hike angers Kashmiris - May 24, 2012
- Two die in Kashmir Valley road accidents - Jun 14, 2011
- Police beat up Samajavadi party activists in Bijnor - Mar 08, 2011
- Nine get life for triple murder - Jul 01, 2011