BSNL submits proposal on voluntary retirement to DoTNovember 30th, 2011 - 11:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 30 (IANS) State-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has submitted a proposal of voluntary retirement scheme (VRS) to the Department of Telecom (DoT) for employees who have completed the age of 45 years and have served BSNL as regular employees for 15 years.
“BSNL had consultations with its executive associations and staff unions. BSNL has reported that majority of associations have opposed the scheme or expressed their reservations. The proposal is under examination in the Department of Telecommunications,” said Minister of State for Communications and IT Milind Deora in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
VRS will ensure that the employees get an ex-gratia amount of 60 days salary (basic + dearness allowance) for each completed year of service, or salary for the number of months left in service, whichever is less.
However, the compensation would be subject to the maximum of 60 months’ salary.
The ex-gratia amount will be in addition to the normal retirement benefits, the minister said.
The likely expenditure on ex-gratia for approximately 1 lakh employees is estimated to be about Rs.11,276 crore. In addition there will be expenditure on normal retirement benefits, including gratuity, pension, leave encashment and transfer grant.
- VRS scheme for Airports Authority employees approved - Dec 08, 2009
- BSNL borrowed Rs.1,320.47 crore for capital expenditure - Apr 25, 2012
- Telecom services hit in northeast due to employees' strike - Dec 16, 2011
- State-run telecom operators turn red - Aug 17, 2011
- Financial benefits for labourers in Delhi hiked - Feb 07, 2012
- BSNL employees strike hits services in northeast India - Apr 20, 2010
- BSNL not involved in 2G scam: Minister - Sep 07, 2011
- Private telcos owe BSNL Rs.550.88 crore - May 02, 2012
- BSNL to lease infrastructure, data services to improve business - Dec 03, 2011
- Himachal offers sops to employees - Jun 18, 2012
- Air India proposes VRS to cut down staff - May 27, 2012
- MTNL, BSNL merger proposal being examined - Aug 11, 2011
- BSNL staff on indefinite strike from today - Apr 20, 2010
- Direct Tax Code proposal has welcome respite for individuals (Special) - Jun 20, 2010
- Kerala mulls contributory pension for new government employees - Jul 16, 2012
Tags: 45 years, bsnl, consultations, crore, encashment, ex gratia, executive associations, gratuity, lakh, Lok Sabha, minister of state, New Delhi, proposal, reply, retirement benefits, salary, sanchar nigam ltd, staff unions, voluntary retirement scheme, vrs