BSNL renews US firm’s contract for infrastructure expansionOctober 20th, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) State-owned telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has extended the contract of California-based networking solutions provider UTStarcom for building its infrastructure network, the US company said Monday.BSNL has introduced Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) with video-on-demand (VoD) capabilities over its broadband infrastructure as part of its multi-play package.
UTStarcom deployed 1.3 million broadband lines in the first phase and now plans to increase the number to 2.4 million.
“We worked closely with BSNL to successfully complete phase one of this multi-play broadband network, and we are pleased that they have chosen to extend their relationship with us for phase two of the deployment,” Vijay Yadav, vice president and managing director of UTStarcom’s South Asia operations said.
BSNL started off with its IPTV services in Pune in March last year and is currently the leading IPTV service provider in the country.
- UTStarcom to support BSNL's IPTV roll-out - May 26, 2009
- Telecom links in all Indian villages by 2014: BSNL - Mar 25, 2012
- 'Digital Super Highway' launched for panchayats in Kerala - Sep 21, 2012
- BSNL's disconnection threat illegal and coercive: Private operators - Sep 13, 2011
- CVC probing BSNL's WiMAX tender: Kamat - Mar 04, 2011
- BSNL to lease infrastructure, data services to improve business - Dec 03, 2011
- C-DOT to transfer optical fiber technology to firms Monday - Dec 04, 2011
- C-DOT transfers optical fibre technology to firms - Dec 05, 2011
- Over Rs.5,000 crore more approved for defence network - Jul 03, 2012
- BSNL launces six internet data centres for cloud services - Apr 16, 2012
- CMS Info Systems bags Rs.300 crore BSNL project - Feb 15, 2011
- BSNL to provide 3G telecom services at affordable prices - May 16, 2010
- BSNL launches voice, video telephony services over internet - Jul 18, 2011
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Reliance Communications says BSNL breached agreement - Jun 13, 2011