BSNL India’s most preferred broadband service provider: GovernmentOctober 20th, 2008 - 9:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 20 (IANS) Public sector telecom operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) remains the leader in the broadband services space with a market share of more than 54 percent, the government said here Monday.”Efficient customer satisfaction strategy is being followed due to which BSNL is presently the leading service provider with a market share of about 54 percent in broadband connections and 35 percent in Internet connections,” Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology Jyotiraditya M. Scindia said in parliament today.
He said the ‘Quarterly Performance Indicator Report’ of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai), the industry watchdog, dated Oct 7 showed BSNL’s Internet and broadband services met the prescribed quality service parameters.
Scindia said BSNL had sufficient capacity for expansion of its Internet and broadband services for 2008-09, and has plans to provide affordable Internet services, with competitive tariff plans.
- Idea, BSNL face maximum call drop complaints - Mar 16, 2011
- Telecom links in all Indian villages by 2014: BSNL - Mar 25, 2012
- India's telecom subscriber base crosses 479 mn - Aug 20, 2009
- India has 706 million mobile connections: TRAI - Dec 27, 2010
- BSNL offers free installation to new broadband customers - Mar 29, 2010
- Scindia kin ordered to pay Rajmata's Rs.6.52 lakh phone bill - May 27, 2011
- TRAI targets 100 mn broadband subscribers by 2014 - Dec 07, 2010
- BSNL provides affordable broadband in Himachal villages - Sep 26, 2009
- Bharti adds 2 mn subscribers in May, India total now 929 mn - Jul 05, 2012
- Telecom services hit in northeast due to employees' strike - Dec 16, 2011
- 'Lifetime plans should be offered till telecom permit allows' - Sep 05, 2012
- BSNL, MTNL lost subscribers post mobile number portability - Aug 05, 2011
- Private telcos owe BSNL Rs.550.88 crore - May 02, 2012
- TRAI seeks industry view on mobile tariff cap - Feb 06, 2012
- BSNL offers free installation, high usage charge to new customers - Mar 29, 2010