BSF finds 18 kg of heroin near border in RajasthanJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 11:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 23 (IANS) The Border Security Force (BSF) Monday recovered 18 kilograms of heroin, worth Rs. 800 million in the international market, near the India-Pakistan border in Rajasthan’s Sriganganagar district, officials said.
The drugs apparently had been smuggled into Indian territory from Pakistan, sources in the BSF said adding that the smugglers from Pakistan had buried the consignment in the ground on Indian territory.
Some people in Rajasthan were to take the delivery from the spot but the BSF personnel found it before that.
No one has been arrested so far.
“About 18 packets of heroin each containing one kilogram were recovered from a place near BSF’s Kakhiya check post,” BSF’s Inspector General (Rajasthan Frontier) K.L. Meena told media persons.
The BSF sources said that a person had been spotted running away from the international border on the Pakistan territory.
“We suspect that the person threw the packets wrapped in a piece of cloths across the border from Pakistan. Further investigation is on,” said a source in the BSF.
The Rajasthan Police and the intelligence agencies have also been informed about the recovery.
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Trio throws heroin packets into India, flees: BSF - Feb 24, 2012
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- 15 kg heroin found near India-Pakistan border - Oct 04, 2011
- BSF kills three smugglers on Indo-Pak border in Punjab - Mar 29, 2012
- BSF recovers heroin, fake currency from Pakistan border - Dec 01, 2011
- Pakistani intrusion bid foiled by BSF at Rajatal in Punjab - Jan 05, 2010
- 27 kg heroin seized near India-Pakistan border - Oct 06, 2011
- Narcotic smuggler killed along India-Pakistan border - Mar 09, 2011
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- BSF seizes heroin worth 200 million dollars in Ferozepur - Jan 29, 2011
- BSF kills Pakistani, finds heroin - Feb 23, 2012
- Heroin worth millions seized in Punjab - Jan 18, 2010
Tags: border security force, bsf, cloths, consignment, district officials, heroin, india pakistan, indian territory, intelligence agencies, international border, jaipur, kilogram, media persons, meena, pakistan border, pakistan territory, rajasthan, smugglers, sriganganagar, worth rs