BSF chopper crashes in Raipur, five injured (Lead)January 15th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Jan 15 (IANS) Five occupants of a Border Security Force (BSF) helicopter were injured when it crashed at Raipur airport Sunday while on a test flight, police and airport officials said.
“The helicopter crashed from a height of about 100 feet when it took off for a test flight. Five people — the pilot, co-pilot, one engineer and two technicians — who were on the board sustained injuries,” Mana airport in-charge Anil Roy told reporters.
The chopper was believed to be an indegenously-built Dhruv advanced light helicopter (ALH) but there was no independent confirmation of this.
State police chief Anil M. Navaney, who rushed to the spot along with other officials, said that all the five injured were taken to a private hospital where a doctor said they were out of danger.
Sources said that BSF had launched a probe into the incident in which local police and airport officials were assisting.
The crash blocked the runway and flights to New Delhi and Mumbai by private carriers were delayed for hours. Officials were hard at work to restore normalcy at the airport, from where 32 flights operate daily.
- BSF chopper crashes in Raipur, five injured (Second Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- BSF chopper crashes, five injured - Jan 15, 2012
- Raipur airport cleared of crashed copter - Jan 16, 2012
- Dhruv choppers grounded after crash - Oct 20, 2011
- Four military personnel dead in helicopter crash in northeast India - Apr 22, 2011
- Three die in Iran police chopper crash - Dec 24, 2011
- Two die as chopper crashes on Mexican street - Oct 22, 2011
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Four army officers dead in Sikkim chopper crash (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Passengers at Raipur airport more than double - Dec 31, 2011
- 12 killed in Philippines plane crash - Dec 10, 2011
- Army chopper crashes in Siachen, pilot killed - May 23, 2012
- Air India turbulence injures passengers, probe ordered (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012
- Air India flight turbulence leaves passengers injured, probe ordered - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: airport officials, alh, border security force, bsf, chopper, co pilot, crashes, engineer, independent confirmation, light helicopter, mana, mumbai, New Delhi, normalcy, occupants, police chief, private carriers, private hospital, state police, test flight