BSF, Bangladesh border guards to discuss trans-border issuesMarch 16th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) Trans-border smuggling, trafficking and illegal activities will be the focus of a five-day meeting between India’s Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) here from Friday, when attacks and assaults on Indian troopers by Bangladeshi criminals will be raised, an officer said Thursday.
“The issues to be discuss in the meeting will be cooperation in curbing illegal cross border activities and trans-border crimes, like smuggling of arms, drugs, Fake Indian Currency Note (FICN), cattle and illegal migration including human trafficking,” the BSF officer said here.
According to a statement, the BSF will raise the issue of attacks and assault on its troopers by Bangladeshi criminals.
Besides, other issues like action against Indian Insurgent Groups (IIGs) and their hideouts in Bangladesh, repair and maintenance of boundary pillars, and erection of border fence will be discussed.
“The 22-member BGB delegation arrived in the national capital today (Thursday). The discussion on bilateral issues will start tomorrow (Friday). The BSF and BGB will sign the record and minutes of the meeting Monday,” the officer told IANS.
The BGB delegation is led by Major General Anwar Hussain and the Indian delegation by BSF Director General U.K. Bansal.
Officials from the ministries of home affairs and external affairs will take part in the discussions.
- Indian, Bangladesh border guards to increase vigil - Mar 19, 2012
- Bangladesh assures firm action against Indian insurgents - Dec 13, 2011
- Bangladesh border guard held after killing Indian (Lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Bangladeshi, trooper caught in Tripura handed back - Jul 06, 2012
- India to erect single row fence along Bangladesh border - Sep 18, 2012
- Dismantle militant camps, BSF to urge Bangladesh counterparts - Dec 08, 2011
- India, Bangladesh hold border talks - Sep 26, 2011
- BSF to use non-lethal arms along Bangladesh border - Mar 12, 2011
- India handovers fresh list of insurgent camps to Bangladesh - Dec 15, 2011
- Indian's killing: Bangladesh given custody of border guard - Jan 21, 2012
- PM's Bangladesh visit to resolve outstanding issues: BSF - Mar 03, 2011
- India, Bangladesh border guards to meet every four months - Feb 03, 2012
- BSF acted in self-defence, India tells Bangladesh - Dec 20, 2011
- India gives list of terror camps to Bangladesh - Sep 30, 2011
- India, Bangladesh move ahead to eliminate cross-border terrorism - Mar 21, 2011
Tags: anwar, bansal, bilateral issues, border fence, border guard, border guards, border issues, border security force, bsf, currency note, external affairs, hideouts, home affairs, human trafficking, hussain, illegal migration, indian currency, indian delegation, insurgent groups, minutes of the meeting