BSES to pay Rs 1 million for man’s deathMay 5th, 2008 - 9:55 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) A court here Monday ordered the power discom to pay Rs.1 million to the family of a man who died after coming into contact with a poorly maintained electric cable. Additional District Judge Kamini Lau ordered the BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd to compensate the wife of Om Prakash for the latter’s death June 2, 2001 when he suffered electric burns.
Om Prakash was on the terrace of his house when he accidentally came in contact with the electricity wire. He fell unconscious and was declared dead at the Rao Tula Ram Hospital.
The judge said: “You (BSES) are guilty of not maintaining the high voltage wire. The cause of the incident could have been averted if the agency had been more vigilant.”
BSES argued that the wire that caused the death was laid in 1964 when the company did not exist. But the court ordered it to pay the money to Gyano Devi, wife of the deceased.
- Collect power dues before tenant vacates premises: Court - Jun 14, 2011
- 'CAG to audit accounts of Delhi discoms' - Mar 12, 2012
- Pay part dues, apex court tells Delhi's power firms (Lead) - Oct 20, 2011
- Delhi homes hit by 20 percent power rate hike - Jun 26, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Court ticks off MLA for misusing law - Dec 24, 2011
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Court questions Delhi power firms on audit of accounts (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Power to cost more in Delhi, Dikshit indicates - Jun 25, 2012
- BSES Rajdhani directed to compensatE girl - Apr 10, 2012
- In dark Delhi, 70 percent street lights don't work - Dec 14, 2010
- HIV-positive rapist faces trial for attempt to murder - Jun 11, 2012
- NHRC issues notice to Delhi government, power discom - Sep 05, 2012
- Vote bank politics shields illegal Bangladeshis: Court - Jan 24, 2012
- Delhi agrees to CAG audit of power companies - Sep 14, 2011