Bryan Adams’ rescheduled concert also called offFebruary 17th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) The Bryan Adams concert in Delhi, rescheduled for Feb 20, has been cancelled again due to “logistical issues”, a statement issued by Netsurf Entertainment, the presenter of the show, said Thursday. “The singer is performing in Kathmandu on Feb 19 and in London on Feb 21. However, Bryan Adams will return to India this year to fulfill his commitment to his fans. People who have purchased the tickets online and through retail outlets will get a complete refund,” Sujit Jain, managing director of Netsurf Entertainment, said in a statement Thursday evening.
The Feb 20 show was to be held in Gurgaon.
The concert was originally scheduled for Feb 15 at the NSIC Ground in Okhla. It was postponed a few hours before the Canadian rock star was to go on stage because the Delhi fire department and Delhi Police refused to issue a no-objection certificate to the organisers, citing security threat and inclement weather.
Hundreds of clueless fans who came to the venue returned disappointed and distraught. The organisers had subsequently promised to re-schedule the concert.
Adams, who is known for hits like “Summer of 69″, is performing in Bangladesh Thursday at the inaugural ceremony of the ICC World Cup.
The organisers promised full refund of the ticket money which was sold from Rs.2,000 upwards.
Late Feb 15 night, the organisers had circulated a text message that “many fans had requested the 52-year-old musician to replace their Delhi tickets with tickets for Hyderabad and many fans were travelling to Hyderabad to listen to him”.
An enraged fan, who had returned from the venue Feb 15, said he sniffed a rat. “It is a conspiracy to deprive Delhiites and dupe us. Maybe, the police was not bribed enough,” the fan, a Delhi-based budding musician, told IANS.
- No NOC, rains too...Bryan Adams Delhi concert called off (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- New date, venue for Bryan Adams' Delhi concert (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Fans feel let down at aborted Bryan Adams concert - Feb 15, 2011
- No NOC yet for Bryan Adams' Delhi concert - Feb 15, 2011
- No nod yet for Bryan Adams' concert, fans fear the worst (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Metallica show cancellation 'epic failure', say upset fans - Oct 29, 2011
- Bryan Adams Delhi gig yet to get police clearance - Feb 14, 2011
- Akon's Gurgaon concert on track, say organisers - Apr 14, 2011
- Bryan Adams to enthrall Indian fans in February - Nov 17, 2010
- Shiamak Davar to perform opening acts for Bryan Adams India tour - Feb 05, 2011
- Bryan Adams demands 100 white towels for India tour - Jan 19, 2011
- Bryan Adams will come back to Delhi: Suniel Shetty - Feb 16, 2011
- Bryan Adams receives $10,000 for his foundation, more to come - Feb 13, 2011
- Bryan Adams’ List Of Demands For India Tour - Jan 20, 2011
- Bryan Adams concert tickets selling like hot cakes - Feb 09, 2011
Tags: bryan adams, clueless fans, delhi fire department, delhi police, icc world cup, inaugural ceremony, inclement weather, kathmandu, logistical issues, managing director, New Delhi, objection certificate, organisers, retail outlets, rock star, rs 2, security threat, summer of 69, text message, ticket money