Brother kills sister for honour in PunjabSeptember 2nd, 2010 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Moga, Sep 1 (IANS) In yet another case of honour killing, a man strangled his 14-year-old sister to death in Landke village of this Punjab district Wednesday, police said.
According to the police, the accused, identified as Lakhwinder Singh, murdered his sister Preeti because she was going around with a village boy for the last few weeks.
“Lakhwinder was not happy with his sister as she was in a relation with a village boy. He was trying to counsel his sister but suddenly lost his temper and killed her,” a police officer said.
“Lakhwinder and Preeti were alone in their house at the time of the incident. He fled away after committing the crime. We are conducting raids at various places to nab him,” he added.
This is the fifth case of honour killing reported in Punjab in the last few months.
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Father kills daughter, lover in Punjab village - Aug 19, 2010
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Suspected honour killing in Punjab - Jul 04, 2011
- Haryana man booked for daughter's 'honour' killing - Dec 26, 2010
- Youth killed, honour killing suspected - Jul 08, 2011
- Honour killing: 25-year old man killed in Punjab - Apr 16, 2012
- More arrests likely in Punjab honour killing - Jul 25, 2010
- Man kills 12-year-old sister for family honour - Apr 23, 2011
- Son arrested for killing father over property dispute - Jun 26, 2012
- Suspected 'honour killing', three held (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Mosque employee flees after killing boy - Jun 03, 2011
- Superstitious Punjab village headwoman kills girl - Aug 24, 2012
- Man kills daughter over love affair - Oct 24, 2011