Brokerage firm employee robbed at gunpointFebruary 24th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 24 (IANS) An employee of a brokerage company was robbed of Rs.450,000 at gunpoint by unidentified persons. Deputy commissioner of police (Zone II), Ramrao Pawar told IANS: “The victim, Harish Gorivale, was on his way back to office after receiving the money from a business partner.”
He said two unidentified persons armed with a revolver, forcibly entered Gorivale’s car, brandished a gun and robbed him in Pydhonie, south Mumbai Saturday.
According to Pawar, the duo asked Gorivale to drive the vehicle to an isolated place where they took the money and the car keys. The robbers fled from there.
The police have launched a manhunt for the robbers. Police sources said after preliminary investigations it seems that it could be the work of some insiders.
This is not the first time that such an incident has occurred in Mumbai. Two days back, an unidentified biker snatched a bag containing Rs.68,000 from jeweller Vikram Bajaj in Khar, north western suburb of Mumbai.
- Rs 1.5 mn robbery in Chandigarh - Nov 02, 2010
- Chandigarh trader robbed of Rs.2 mn (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Police gun down five 'robbers' in Chennai (Third Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Delivery Man Identifies Robber Who Returns For A Second Helping - Nov 10, 2010
- Police gun down five robbers in Chennai (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Shop owner gunned down in Mumbai - Mar 19, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Democratic congressional candidate Marleine Bastien robbed in Miami - Aug 23, 2010
- Cash, jewellery robbed from Noida house at gunpoint - Jun 03, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Man fires insect repellent in Oregon robbery case - Aug 17, 2012
- Chhattisgarh businessmen looted in train - May 02, 2010
- Arab diplomat mugged of 2 mn pounds in London - Jun 28, 2011