Britons top Goa tourist arrivalsMarch 16th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, March 16 (IANS) British nationals topped the number of foreign tourist arrivals in Goa for the year 2010, according to the state Economic Survey.
According to the report, which was presented in the state assembly Wednesday, 1.54 lakh British tourists landed in Goa in 2010 followed by 57,623 Russians, with Germans and Finnish nationals at third and fourth positions.
British tourists accounted for 34 percent of the total number of 4.4 lakh foreign tourists visiting Goa last year.
“On account of aggressive media campaigns undertaken by the government, tourist inflow to the state has reached the 2.64 million mark (including domestic tourists) for the year 2010,” the Economic Survey said.
As many as 626 charter flights brought in 1.37 lakh foreign tourists during the October-May season in 2009-10.
In te current season up to January 2011, 507 flights have brought in 1.02 lakh tourists from abroad to the state, the report added.
- Russians nudge Britons from top in Goa - Mar 22, 2012
- British tourists to Goa dip, Russian arrivals shoot up - Aug 02, 2012
- Russians top charter tourist numbers in Goa - May 27, 2011
- Goa hosted 2.68 million tourists in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- 'Maximum tourists from Britain to visit Goa this year' - Oct 01, 2010
- Kerala records rise in tourist arrivals - Jan 19, 2012
- Seven percent increase in foreign tourists in March - Apr 08, 2011
- Foreign exchange earnings from tourism surge 50 percent - Feb 06, 2012
- Kerala best tourist destination, shows survey - Feb 18, 2012
- In 2010, Goa received tourists twice its population - Feb 12, 2011
- Russian, Israeli tourists more of menace to Goa: Faleiro - Aug 14, 2012
- Survey shows upward trend in job growth - Oct 18, 2010
- Foreign tourist arrivals in Himachal doubles in 5 years - Mar 11, 2012
- 26/11 terror strike, recession hurt Goa's charter tourism - Jul 26, 2010
- 5.6 lakh tourists visited India in October - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: aggressive media, british nationals, british tourists, britons, charter flights, domestic tourists, economic survey, finnish nationals, germans, goa, government tourist, media campaigns, russians, state assembly, tourist arrivals, tourist inflow