Britons crave to be huggedNovember 26th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
London, Nov 26 (IANS) It seems Britons thoroughly enjoy hugging. A study has found that they typically devote over nine seconds to every embrace and spend an hour a month hugging.
Not just that, despite spending so much time in physical contact, 41 percent of the individuals surveyed said: “We want even more hugs”, the Daily Express reported.
According to the survey carried out by skin cream maker Nivea, 69 percent of Britons turn to their partner when they want a hug while 14 percent head for a close friend and nine percent look for a hug from their mother.
The research found that women were much more likely than men to ask for a hug when they were feeling down, although a third of those questioned in the survey accepted not actually being comfortable with physical contact.
One in seven said a public display of affection was inappropriate and nearly a third felt that hugging at the workplace should be avoided.
If given a chance to hug anyone, the survey found it seemed they would cuddle up to footballer David Beckham, followed by actor George Clooney, TV presenter Dermot O’Leary, singer Gary Barlow and singer Robbie Williams.
The most huggable woman was found to be This Morning presenter Holly Willoughby followed by Cheryl Cole, Lorraine Kelly, Kate Middleton and Nigella Lawson.
- Cheryl Cole rape threat suspect arrested - Apr 17, 2010
- A third of women dislike cuddling - Nov 05, 2011
- Simon Cowell might be leaving X-factor - Dec 13, 2010
- Cops arrest teen over Cheryl Cole rape threat - Apr 17, 2010
- Cheryl Cole gets rape threat - Mar 23, 2010
- Kylie Minogue still has sex appeal - Nov 09, 2010
- 'X Factor' host Dermot O'Leary gets sky high with Posh - Oct 03, 2010
- Now children are cooking their first meal 5-yrs earlier than their parents did - Feb 16, 2011
- X-rated action at Simon Cowells's B'day bash - Oct 05, 2009
- Britons preferring a hug to a handshake - May 24, 2012
- Katy Perry Offered 340,000 - A - Week To Judge - Sep 01, 2010
- Susan Boyle wants 'Nellie The Elephant' played at her funeral - Nov 26, 2009
- Airline plans to show porn on flights - Nov 08, 2011
- Kate, Pippa voted beauty icons of the year - Dec 28, 2011
- 1 in 20 Brits dumped for spending too much time on gizmos - Oct 07, 2010
Tags: actor george clooney, britons, cheryl cole, daily express, david beckham, embrace, footballer, gary barlow, george clooney, holly, kate middleton, london, lorraine kelly, morning presenter, nigella lawson, public display of affection, robbie williams, singer robbie williams, skin cream, tv presenter