Briton booked for molesting boy in Tamil NaduAugust 20th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 20 (IANS) A 65-year-old British national has been booked for sexually abusing a teenaged boy at a home funded by him in Tirunelvelli district of Tamil Nadu, police said Saturday.
“We registered a case against Jonathan Robinson Friday and a look out notice for him would be issued soon. We have also sought the help of UK police in tracing him,” Superintendent of Police Vijayendra Bidari told IANS over phone from Tirunelveli, some 650 km from here.
The current whereabouts of Robinson are unknown, he added.
Bidari said the assistance of Interpol too will be sought to nab Robinson.
The child care home run by Grail Trust for the past ten years was funded by Robinson for the past several years.
Bidari said the home had 33 inmates — 10 girls and 23 boys — ranging from one year old to college-going students and also a care taker.
He said this is the first complaint against Robinson.
“Officials of district social welfare department are speaking to the inmates to gather further information,” Bidari said.
According to him, Robinson wanted to take the boy to Britain, but was not able to do so as visa was denied.
The child care home has been entrusted to another non-governmental organisation (NGO).
- Kudankulam protesters assaulted, talks cancelled (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Kudankulam protesters assaulted, talks cancelled (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Senior cop's Kudankulam visit sparks speculation - Mar 02, 2012
- Court quashes Karnataka police chief's appointment - Mar 31, 2012
- Apex court stays order in Karnataka cop's case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Nearly 120 rescued after raid on Haryana protection home - May 10, 2012
- Boy abducted because of his name - Apr 05, 2012
- Probe into abuse by Haryana cops in women's shelter (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- NGO worker, son-in-law arrested for assaulting protection home inmates (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh collector's in-laws spend sleepless nights - Apr 24, 2012
- 75 northeast children rescued from children's homes - Jan 26, 2010
- Apex court stays order in Karnataka top cop's case (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Council bans daughter contact over child images - Mar 07, 2012
- Infant is Karnataka top cop (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Kudankulam agitators release statement of accounts - Mar 02, 2012
Tags: bidari, briton, care taker, child care, girls, governmental organisation, grail, inmates, interpol, jonathan, jonathan robinson, ngo, social welfare department, superintendent, teenaged boy, uk police, vijayendra, visa