Britney Spears rejects plea deal on road accidentOctober 9th, 2008 - 10:53 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Oct 9 (DPA) Troubled pop star Britney Spears has rejected a plea offer on charges that she drove without a licence, the People magazine reported.Prosecutors had offered the 26-year-old a one-year probation and $150 fine if she pleaded guilty to a misdemeanour charge of driving without a licence.
But lawyer Michael Flanagan said Wednesday that Spears was being targeted because she’s a celebrity and doesn’t deserve even a minor criminal conviction on her record.
Her trial is set for Oct 15.
At the time of the 2007 fender-bender, Spears had a Louisiana licence but has since obtained a California driver’s licence.
- Britneys traffic case dismissed for being a mistrial - Oct 22, 2008
- Paris Hilton's beau faces criminal charges in Las Vegas - Jan 21, 2011
- Paris Hilton to serve 1yr probation after plea deal in cocaine arrest case - Sep 18, 2010
- Britney to go to trial after rejecting plea deal in driving case - Oct 09, 2008
- Britney involved in yet another fender bender - Oct 10, 2008
- Hilton to avoid jail by pleading guilty - Sep 19, 2010
- Britneys traffic trial underway - Oct 18, 2008
- Lindsay Lohan due back in court, twice in the span of a week - Feb 23, 2011
- Hilton's boyfriend Waits faces four years in jail - Jan 21, 2011
- Charlie Sheen's ex-goddess Bree Olson pleads guilty in DUI charge - Apr 27, 2011
- Indian-American treats wife as slave; gets away with probation - May 24, 2012
- US woman jailed for posing as teen boy so she could date teen girl - Oct 07, 2010
- Actress Lindsay Lohan back in court for her progress hearing - Jul 22, 2011
- Woman taken to court for stealing a pumpkin - Feb 20, 2012
- Charlie Sheen likely to plead guilty to assaulting wife - May 29, 2010