British woman force feeds baby to death!November 12th, 2011 - 12:37 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 11 (IANS) A nurse was sentenced three years in jail Friday for killing her baby by force feeding — the first such case in Britain.
Gloria Dwomoh, 31, was found guilty at the Old Bailey last month of causing or allowing the death of 10-month-old Diamond, the Daily Mail reported Friday.
The mother was said to be obsessed with the baby’s weight. She poured liquidised food down her throat with a jug when she was weaning her.
The incident occurred in March last year. The baby died she was taken to a hospital near her home in Waltham Forest, east London.
The post-mortem examination revealed the baby died from pneumonia caused by food, including meat and cereals, in her lungs.
- Woman faces murderous attack after calling off marriage - Apr 22, 2012
- Briton gets 18-year jail for slitting woman's throat - Apr 21, 2012
- Beware! Baby food very low in micro-nutrients - Apr 16, 2012
- Bengal baby's body exhumed to check acid death - Nov 03, 2011
- Blot on humanity, says twitterati on baby Afreen's death - Apr 11, 2012
- Congress leader dies in mysterious circumstances - Aug 10, 2012
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Baby dies after DPT vaccine shot in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 30, 2010
- Eight-year-old tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park - Jun 10, 2010
- Indian-origin man burned to death in London - Feb 26, 2012
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Scientists discover method to flag drugs in baby food - May 20, 2012
- In Paris joint, whaff flavours of your choice - Jan 27, 2011
- Guard confesses to murdering Mumbai lawyer - Aug 10, 2012
- Baby Falak still critical (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012