British university joins hands with Mumbai collegeApril 6th, 2012 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 6 (IANS) Britain-based University of Westminster Friday signed a memorandum of understanding with Mumbai’s HR College of Commerce and Economics to expand its Indian scholarship programme, officials said.
“India has historically been an important partner for the University of Westminster, through students who have come to learn with us, academics who have shared their expertise, and as a partner for research,” said University of Westminster Pro Vice-Chancellor, Myszka Guzkowska, announcing their new Indian presence.
The University also announced its new partnership with the prestigious Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi.
“It is our goal to strengthen these existing ties into long-term, sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships for the university and for India,” Guzkowska said.
The university also announced a new series of scholarships specifically for Indian students worth 1,50,000 pounds. The distinctive feature of these scholarships is that they are offered on the condition that, on graduation, the students return to work in India.
The University of Westminster is also launching an Indian Alumni Association, which will have the primary objective of promoting strong relationships between its alumni, current students, faculty and the university as a whole.
- Turkish language course flavour at Jamia - Aug 05, 2012
- Jamia honours Amartya Sen (With Image) - Dec 16, 2011
- Girl power in Jamia (To go with: Turkish language course flavour at Jamia) - Aug 05, 2012
- New pro-vice-chancellor for Jamia Millia - Aug 16, 2010
- Jamia head appointed to RBI board - Sep 26, 2011
- Jamia honours Ambassador of Saudi Arabia (With Images) - Jul 20, 2011
- jamia to run 50-bed medical centre - Apr 28, 2012
- Jamia secular in spirit: Vice chancellor - Feb 22, 2011
- Jamia Millia chief backs women's quota bill - May 02, 2012
- 'Jamia's minority status a boon for Muslim students' - May 12, 2011
- Jamia school students to spread message of peace - Sep 17, 2010
- We need to invest in our youth: Yechury - Oct 29, 2011
- Police release MP's son held for impersonating in Jamia exam - Jun 08, 2012
- Jamia Millia open to students' union poll, court told - Jul 24, 2012
- Jamia to continue with its minority status: High Court - May 18, 2011
Tags: academics, alumni association, beneficial relationships, college of commerce, current students, distinctive feature, graduation, indian alumni, indian presence, indian scholarship, indian students, jamia millia islamia university, memorandum of understanding, myszka, New Delhi, objective, scholarships, ties, university of westminster, vice chancellor