British queen now wants an iPadMay 9th, 2011 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 9 (IANS) The Queen has asked her staff to buy her an iPad — and the princes think “it is hilarious”.
Prince William and Prince Harry have given the 85-year-old queen a crash course on using the touchscreen tablets, The Sun reported.
She will be able to browse internet, play music and games and download apps.
“The queen hadn’t seen anything like the iPad before. She was very impressed…For a woman of her age, she is very switched on. It was only a matter of time before she asked someone to go and get her one,” a royal insider was quoted as saying.
“The princes think it is hilarious. They love the fact that their gran wants an iPad and think she’s really cool.”
The queen owns at least two iPods.
The source said: “The queen has a mobile phone as well as the iPods, so an iPad is the logical progression.”
- Apple's app store crosses 15 billion downloads - Jul 08, 2011
- Chinese downloads 25 billionth app - Mar 06, 2012
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- Apple iPad will take time to hit Indian market - Apr 04, 2010
- New brain training app for research into ageing minds developed - Mar 04, 2011
- Applications key as tablets flood Indian market - Aug 25, 2011
- Apple sells one million iPads - May 03, 2010
- Charlie Sheen launches new 'epic' mobile app - Apr 23, 2011
- Samsung's tablet looks to take on iPad - Nov 02, 2010
- Mini iPad Rumors Hit The Web - Aug 29, 2010
- Arbaaz and my son keep me updated about technology: Malaika - Jul 26, 2012
- Apple says iPad available in nine more countries on May 28 available - May 08, 2010
- Now, download divorce advice using new iPhone app! - Apr 15, 2011
- Ugly Meter: New iPhone Application Makes Waves - Oct 20, 2010
- Apple to drop Google Maps from upcoming mobile platform - May 12, 2012