British PM presents book to Indian religious headMay 17th, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 17 (IANS) British Prime Minister Gordon Brown has presented an autographed copy of his book “Courage: Eight Portraits” to Dawoodi Bohra spiritual head Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin in London. Brown received Burhanuddin Friday at his 10, Downing Street office, according to an announcement here by the Syedna’s office.
He felicitated Burhanuddin who turned 97 early this month.
He signed the book: “To His Holiness. In admiration of your courage. Gordon Brown.”
Burhanuddin felicitated Brown with a shawl and they discussed issues of socio-economic interest.
- Dawoodi Bohras celebrate Syedna's birthday - Mar 13, 2012
- Maharashtra man enters Limca Book of Records (With Images) - Jun 09, 2011
- Dawoodi Bohra community leader suffers stroke - Jun 05, 2011
- Dawoodi Bohras celebrate Syedna's 100th birthday - Mar 25, 2011
- Syedna - 100 years of piety, peace and harmony - Mar 23, 2011
- Dawoodi Bohra head conducts Moharram discourses at 99 - Dec 14, 2010
- Thousands weep as Bohra chief, 99, conducts Moharram discourse (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Dawoodi Bohras gear up to celebrate Syedna's 99th birthday - Apr 01, 2010
- 100,000 Dawoodi Bohras in Mumbai for discourses by Syedna (With image) - Dec 22, 2009
- Families mourn Iraq blast deaths, government silent - May 29, 2012
- Concern for sparrows on spiritual leader's 100th birthday - Jan 24, 2011
- Despite terror threats, Mumbai gets into festive mood - Sep 11, 2010
- Dwoodi Bohra spiritual head turns 97 Friday - Apr 25, 2008
- Ex-UK Army Chief blasts Blair, Brown for letting down forces in Iraq, Afghanistan - Sep 05, 2010
- Rohington Mistry shortlisted for Man Booker International Prize - Mar 30, 2011