British minister condemns Delhi blastsSeptember 13th, 2008 - 11:09 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) Condemning the serial blasts in the capital Saturday evening, visiting British Justice Minister Jack Straw said he would discuss with Indian leaders how the two countries could work together to “tackle the scourge of terrorism”.Straw arrived here Saturday evening - soon after six blasts shook key business and market hubs of the capital and claimed at least 18 lives.
“I have just learnt about the horrible attacks that have taken place in Delhi this evening. My deepest sympathies are with the victims and with the families of those affected,” he said in a statement.
“The British government condemns all acts of terrorism, and during my time in Delhi I will be talking to senior members of the Indian government about how better we can work together to tackle the scourge of terrorism,” he added.
Straw, a former Leader of the House of Commons who also held the portfolios of the foreign and home ministries, is scheduled to meet his counterpart, Law and Justice Minister H.R. Bhardwaj.
He is also likely to meet Home Minister Shivraj Patil and Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani.
Here until Monday, Straw will be the chief guest at an Iftar party at the British High Commissioner’s residence Sunday.
- US denounces Delhi bomb blast - Sep 08, 2011
- International community strongly condemns Moscow terror attack - Jan 25, 2011
- NDA wants Bhardwaj sacked, to meet PM (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Mumbai terror: World leaders rally in solidarity (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2011
- Pakistan condemns Delhi blast - Sep 08, 2011
- Mumbai blasts: Israel says resilience will prevail - Jul 14, 2011
- China, Indonesia condemn Delhi terror attack - Sep 08, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- Canada stands by India, says terrorism is 'alive and active' - Jul 14, 2011
- Pakistan condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 13, 2011
- After letter war, Bhardwaj, Yeddyurappa gear for longer battle - Jan 22, 2011
- Leaders condemn Mumbai serial blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Bhardwaj allows Yeddyurappa's prosecution, BJP calls for Karnataka bandh (Roundup) - Jan 22, 2011
- Bhardwaj action politically motivated: BJP - Jan 21, 2011
- US conveys solidarity over Delhi bombing - Sep 08, 2011