British man arrested for theft in GoaAugust 12th, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Aug 12 (IANS) A British national was arrested Sunday for breaking into a supermarket in the coastal beach village of Anjuna in Goa and stealing goods worth several thousand rupees.
Police said that Llyod Christian Mcvalen, 41, was nabbed after the CCTV camera installed inside the supermarket caught him breaking into the store after midnight, in the early hours of Sunday.
“We have recovered the goods stolen from the store which were worth several thousand. We are assessing the exact amount with the help of the store owner,” a police official attached to the Anjuna police station said.
Lloyd has been arrested and is presently in police custody, officials said.
Police also said that the process has been started for intimating the British consular authorities about his arrest.
- Russian arrested in Goa for overstaying - Aug 03, 2012
- Man held for Rs.35,000 theft at Delhi airport - Jun 17, 2012
- Cargo loaders arrested for stealing 106 mobiles - Sep 20, 2010
- Serial shopping trolley thief finally caught - Dec 02, 2011
- Rose Devlin & Denise Egan's theft attempt goes wrong - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Bajrang Dal leader falsely linked to headless corpse' - Feb 05, 2011
- Children's home official held for burglary racket - Apr 02, 2012
- British soldier stole guitar during riots - Aug 13, 2011
- Millionaire's daughter, postman among London looters - Aug 11, 2011
- Australian held for peddling drugs - Jan 01, 2011
- Israeli woman robbed, three held - May 07, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.2 crore antique idol - Aug 02, 2011
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011
- 27 stolen vehicles recovered, four of a gang arrested - May 27, 2010
- Goa Police 'ashamed' of planting drugs on Israeli - Aug 15, 2012