British gay contest winner accused of cannibalismOctober 7th, 2008 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
London, Oct 7 (IANS) The man who won the first Mr. Gay UK award is now on trial for reportedly killing a man and cooking, even chewing, parts of his body flesh.Anthony Morley, who worked as a chef, was arrested last April for the murder of his friend Damian Oldsfield, whose flesh was recovered by the police from Morley’s kitchen.
The Leeds Crown Court heard that the two men arranged to meet at Morley’s house in the evening of April 23. Morley apparently cooked a meal they both ate and retired to the bedroom.
Police said sexual activity ensued, following which Morley allegedly stabbed his friend until he died. He then carved his flesh, The Telegraph reported.
The court heard six pieces of cooked human flesh, identified as being from Oldfield’s body, were found on a chopping board, while a further piece of flesh, which appeared to have been chewed, was found in a bin bag.
Andrew Stubbs, prosecutor in the case, said: “From a chopping board on one of the kitchen units, six pieces of cooked flesh, which had been seasoned with fresh herbs and fried in olive oil were recovered. The flesh was human in origin. A further piece of cooked flesh, which appears to have been chewed, was recovered from a bin bag in the kitchen.”
“Having killed the victim upstairs, the defendant carved away a piece of flesh, took it downstairs to his kitchen, where he seasoned it, fried it and tried to eat it,” he added.
Morley denies murdering Oldfield and told the police when he was arrested that someone had tried to rape him. The trial continues.
- Ex-Mr Gay UK gets 30-year jail sentence in cannibalism trial - Oct 21, 2008
- Former Mr. Gay UK found guilty of killing, cooking friend - Oct 18, 2008
- Brit chef jailed for 30 years for murder - Oct 21, 2008
- Headless body case: Three arrested - Mar 22, 2012
- Dutch TV airs cannibalism segment - Dec 21, 2011
- Man held for chopping wife into three pieces - Jun 30, 2010
- Trial of two men who ate girl postponed - Apr 07, 2010
- Mathew turns against Maria, files plea against conviction - Jul 17, 2011
- Woman's headless body found chopped, stuffed in bag (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Dutch TV presenters escape prosecution for cannibalism - Feb 08, 2012
- Ex-navy man, starlet sentenced for TV executive's murder (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011
- Knives are out: Cut and taste co-related - Mar 22, 2012
- How about fried onions spiced up with a used condom for dinner? - Nov 06, 2010
- Rachael Ray Stars NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg - Sep 23, 2011