British couple’s home robbed six timesAugust 20th, 2012 - 6:24 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 20 (IANS) A British couple’s home in Cambridge has been burgled six times, so much so that there is nothing left to steal.
Liz and Jim Thompson were so sick of having their home invaded that after the fifth burglary they decided to install CCTV cameras, the Daily Mail reported.
But just a month after the raid, their home was targeted for the sixth time.
Police are hunting for two men caught on the secret cameras.
Nothing was taken in the latest robbery, but the men smashed the couple’s antique front door.
“It’s terrifying. You just feel invaded and scared. We were burgled in June so we put in CCTV cameras because we had had enough,” said the 61-year-old Liz.
“We’ve now been burgled six times. There’s nothing left.”
Thompson is an administrator at Cambridge University’s Faculty of Divinity, and her 63-year-old husband is an IT worker in the university’s Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology.
- Brit man, 75, back in jail after spending 50 of last 56 years in slammer - Oct 02, 2010
- Details about Liz Corrie's exit from 'Coronation Street' revealed - Mar 09, 2011
- Burglar drops his name and contact details - Sep 09, 2010
- Many thieves simply walk through unlocked front doors, London police warn - Sep 27, 2010
- Over 10 houses burgled in two days in Gurgaon - Mar 11, 2010
- Man in Plane sees his house being burgled - Aug 31, 2011
- Burglars threatened to take Gerrard's kids away - May 15, 2010
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Catholic University of America offers Hinduism courses - Nov 30, 2010
- 'Burgle-n-burn' gang strikes in Delhi again - Apr 20, 2011
- Delhi sees six robberies in one night - Aug 13, 2010
- Baby Lisa Irwin Missing Mystery: Suspicious man seen in footage - Oct 25, 2011
- More CCTV cameras coming up in Mumbai - May 27, 2011
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012
- Brad Pitt hires SAS guards for security - Sep 20, 2011
Tags: biotechnology, british couple, burglary, cambridge university, cctv cameras, chemical engineering, daily mail, divinity, jim thompson, robbery, secret cameras, six times, sixth time, time police, times london, two men